Outcast’s falafel is made using activated chickpeas, and pure herbs and spices. Although they are healthy, they are also moreish. Prepare them at home, just and water and fry, and then gobble them up fresh out the pan. Even some restaurants in Cape Town and Jhb use this product. It’s that good. We have two flavour variations.
Activated Chickpeas, Onion, Parsley, Cumin, Corriander, Cilantro , Garlic, Tumeric, Khalahari Salt, Black Pepper, White Pepper, Chilli, Baking Soda
Activated Chickpeas, Onion, Parsley, Beetroot, cardamom, poppy and hint more chilli , Garlic, Tumeric, Khalahari Salt, Black Pepper, White Pepper , Baking Soda
Instructions (for 10 -12 falafel)
- Measure a portion of the pre-mix powder by volume or weight
- Volume: 150ml
- Weight: 110g
- Add 200ml boiling water and give a quick mix. No longer than 30 seconds!
- Cover the mixture with a plate and let it stand for 10 mins.
- Roll into balls of about 2 cm diameter then flatten into discs for shallow frying or baking.
- Shallow fry for approximately 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Or you can deep fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Grease a non-stick pan using your favourite oil.
- Place the falafels on the pan and brush them with oil.
- Bake for more or less 15 minutes, depending on your oven, turning the falafels over midway.
If your hands start getting sticky when rolling falafels, embrace it. Keep a bowl of water near you, and keep your hands wet to make rolling easier.
Add extra chilli powder or cayenne pepper for extra spicy falafel.
Check out the FAQ on the website for extra pics, instructions and recipes.